Without a doubt, the daybed with trundle is one of the least thought of pieces of furniture unless someone lives in a small apartment or condo. Occasionally, the thought of adding a daybed to the decor enters our minds around the holiday season when unexpected guests pop in and we would like to invite them to stay the night. And, of course, perhaps we should consider a daybed for the kids when they have a sleep over. Yet, until we see the need few of us consider a daybed as a part of our home decor.
While the daybed has made its comeback in many styles, there is none so popular as the wood daybed with trundle. The wood frame fits in with the other furniture in most of our homes while the trundle adds even more sleeping space. Kids will love it! And guests who pop in and have the option of paying for a night in a motel will most certainly appreciate it.
The styles are so varied that there is sure to be a wood finish that will blend with the home decor. For those of us who really appreciate shabby chic style decorating, the wood frame will add substance to the room. Often with the patterns we choose for our shabby chic decor, we forget to put a little emphasis on the frames of our furniture. Most of us consider a metal frame for our “chic” style, but one should not dismiss the weight and texture added with wood.
Traditional Style Black Finish Daybed with Trundle
- Dimension: 81″L x 42.5″W x 39.37″H
- Finish: Black
- Material: Solid Wood
- Traditional Style Daybed with Trundle.
- Create a relaxed space with our daybed equally suited for resting and entertaining.
- Framed in solid wood.
- This is for the daybed and trundle only, mattress and bedding are NOT included.
- Also available in Oak (300036oak) and Cherry (300036ch)
- Some Assembly Required.
For details on any of our selections, click the “Shop” button below the description.
Miko Daybed with Trundle – Hillsdale Furniture
- Color: ESPRESSO
- Size: 34″H x 45″W x 85″D
- This item ships common carrier.
- Hillsdale quality and style!
- Durable and dependable!
What a wonderfully comfortable style for the family room. Moms will particularly love the magazine rack on the side. Of course, the area can be used for school books, knitting, or a place for dad to secure the remote(s).
Day Bed with Trundle Mission Style in Cherry Finish
- Dimension: 80 3/8″L x 42 3/8″W x 36 1/4″H
- Finish: Cherry
- Material: Solid Wood
- Day Bed with Trundle Mission Style in Cherry Finish
- Features twin bed, twin trundle and storage drawers.
- Three storage drawers of storage composed under the trundle allows for extra storage space.
- Item is created a relaxed space which suited for resting and entertaining.
- For daybed and trundle only, mattress and bedding are available separately.
- Also available in black and white.
- Assembly required.
Selecting the Wood Daybed with Trundle
Above are a few examples of the styles of wood framed daybeds with a trundle. It is easy to see from the examples that the daybed is no longer that “ugly piece of furniture” that takes up too much space.
When selecting the wood daybed with trundle, it is important to remember that daybeds now come in styles — designs from eras. Also, it is important to note that the finish can be oak, cherry, walnut, or even painted.
The time to look for a daybed, especially one with a trundle is before you need it. Know what you are looking for, browse and make a wise selection that will work well in the present home decor.